
Frozen fingertips clasped around half empty glass bottles, slowly taken to and from my shaking lips.
an addiction.
But only to life and motion, lust and the moment-to-moment, no tomorrow and never say die's, looking up and out and down and in, realizationrealizationrealization.
I don't seem to stop very often these days. It's all a blur of genuine smiles, thoughts I meant to keep to myself that slipped out of my mouth with a sudden decisiveness. A knowing.
but ..
Sometimes sitting in a motionless car watching the snow .... fall ... slow and steady .. like a heartbeat (her heartbeat), listening and moving my lips along because I know it so very well (so much deeper a relation than I ever thought I'd have) .. is inescapable.
It's not that I don't care, it's that it's over and while I'll allow myself these small moments of clarity, white light bloodshot certainty, I already know the only thing that matters. All accidents have solutions. "I'll always blame you." I accept these choices, but they will not make me (not nearly as easily as I made them).
Atrocious grammatic structure.
Hopelessly .... something (or potentially just hopeless).
Happy just existing, for maybe the first time.
Hopelessly .... something (or potentially just hopeless).
Happy just existing, for maybe the first time.

No comments:
Post a Comment